

Without my hand on my hip, I felt like I looked a little square with the sleeves.

I took lots of pictures because I couldn't decide if I liked them. Well, I didn't like them, but the sleeves took so much time to put on, I didn't want to think that this shirt needed them removed. After showing the shirt, as it was, to my mom and sister, I decided to remove them. I felt more comfortable with this shirt without the sleeves. So, off they went.
Here's the side view, before the sleeves were removed. See all that extra fabric, and the tie in the back? I thought that once I removed the sleeves I'd be ok with the shirt. I attempted to wear it out, sleevless, with the tie in the back once. I took the shirt off before leaving the house. There was too much ease in the waist, and the high umpire tie in the back made me feel like I was wearing a maternity shirt. That's the last way I want to feel when I walk out of the house!So, today, K. took the kids shopping and I stayed home. What a great mother's day gift there - time. Time to pick up this shirt, rip out the side seam, remove a tie, attach the other tie across the back, take it in on each side, and add an invisible side zipper. Ahhh, much better! Now, you may actually see me wearing this shirt out in public!
View from the back.

Side View, with the invisible side zipper.
Would I make this shirt again? Yes, with the alterations that I put in place. I would make a size 8 (pattern sizes run bigger that store bought clothing sized) for both the top and bottom pieces. I would also add a 12 inch invisible zipper down the side and take the pattern in. I like my clothes to fit a little more closely to the body than the pattern called for.
1 comment:
i love the shirt, it came out great! I also wanted to let you know I blogged about the hat and my daughters outfit in earlier posts (under sewing) i provided details of patterns and fabrics i used. Let me know if you need more info. I will be back for a visit!
Post a Comment