Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Plans Change

Ah, aren't they adorable? They are really best friends at this age. What fun.


I loved the light at this time in her room after her nap. She's always in the best mood after she's had a good rest.


Someone got new shoes that looked just like mommy's. It's still a big deal around here.

See what I mean about best friends? If she's around, he's her little follower. She has a full time, built in fan. And, he's got the same thing - even though she sometimes gets upset when he HAS to be working on the same puzzle she is, or playing with the same blocks, or when he knocks over one of her block creations....

This week I had big plans to finish a few projects up. One was the ladybug item I referred to in my last post. It's still there, and I am glad I didn't finish it. My final plans changed on inspiration from another blogger. I'll go into those details when I finally post the finished product.



This week we had unexpected things come up that had me in other places. It was not fun hanging out at the hospital with my son, but I am thankful he was there just to be checked out. We now know to watch out for some small breathing issues come weather changes: the pattern was very familiar to the pattern we experienced in the fall. We thought we were over it, but we're not, and it's not uncommon, and we've got a treatment plan. We know what symptoms to watch out for now, and that is a good thing. This time, though, Nathan's breathing issues were resolved quickly, and we did not have any accompanying fever. That means, he was back to his happy, playful self in no time.

Tonight I had some free time after work to do some shopping (Thank you mom and dad G.!!!!). I returned some clothing that was not going to last Nathan through the summer and found a DEAL of clothing at Kohl's for bigger size clothes. Woo hoo. I also spent some time at Joann fabric store and stocked up on some necessities. I got the cutest boxes for organizing patterns and I rushed to my craft space to put them right to use. I love them. That space needs some livin' up, and it's going to get there!

OK, so LOTS of rooms in my house need some decoration attention - so little time to shop, so little money to go to things like "accessories" when we all need clothing, food, shoes, gas for the car...sigh. We'll get there...eventually! I've got some decorating goals this year that ARE going to get met in that area. My new sewing machine is going to help me along the way...that's been a big motivator.

Tomorrow is a big day for me. I have not had a lot of time to think about it this week due to the busy week with the hospital visit. I am excited, nervous, and tired. I hope to sleep for a LONG time after the surgery as I am told the hardest part is the many hours right after the procedure.

With that being said, I am not sure if I'll be on this weekend at all. So, until then, Happy Mother's Day!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails