Thursday, May 22, 2008

I have not had a lot of time to post lately. I have a list of projects I want to share, and I have pictures of my garden that I want to share and save here. But, today, I saw this article written by Stephanie Pearl, and referenced by Amanda Blake Soule (whose book I am going to purchase as soon as I can get to the store to use my Christams gift certificate from Kenny) and I couldn't resist sharing with you moms out there. You have to read the part about dress-up play.

I love being a mom. I love it. And I love sharing my stories, reading others, and trying to remember to cherish each moment. When my young children are doing something that is either annoying, or exhausting me or Kenny by pushing our limits, or trying to define out their boundaries, I try to tell myself that I will miss these days. I really don't look forward to the day that my daughter or son tell me they hate me, or "I don't know what it's like to be a teenager" in a teenage rampage, or the day they don't want me to hug them when I leave them at school. I am eating up this wonderful time of play, sharing, learning, and pure enjoyment.

Some photos of fun play. A favorite past-time activity: building. These were taken at the National Building Museum in Washington, DC. We didn't make it to the actual museum part, rather we hung out in their GREAT play room, but one day we will return to learn more about building...

Nathan's castle.

His humble servant, helping to build that great castle.

She decided she needed her own.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails