Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May Giveaway Day! Item #1

Today is the big day all over blogland!  I am participating in the May Giveaway day hosted by Sew Mama Sew.  Check it out for lots of other giveaways.  It’s a great way to check out other people’s blogs, too, and the wonderful handmade things they make.

I have two giveaways.  The post you are reading, and this post. 

Item #1:  I am giving away one of my favorite items to make…a cape for a little one!  IMG_0081

This is the 4th cape I have made using this tutorial from Puking Pastilles, and I am making 4 more this weekend! It's a great tutorial, a great gift, and such an easy thing to make and personalize! 

Details on the cape:  my model is a two year old of average height.  A typical boy and he loves the cape.  The inside is lined with star-covered fabric. 

IMG_0084

Close-up of the back.   I forgot to give it a light ironing when I was finished (do you ever get that excited about a finished project?).  I will press it again before I mail it.

IMG_0076

Details on the giveaway:

Please comment on this post for a chance to win this cape.  I will randomly choose a winner on June 1.    I will ship within and outside of the U.S. 

Enjoy Giveaway Day!

205 comments:

1 – 200 of 205   Newer›   Newest»
~Michelle~ said...

Awww - he's such a cute mini Superman!

Jolene said...

That is awesome! Great job.

Marsel said...

So cute! My kids would love it.

Anna Maschke said...

How fun! my daughter and son would love that!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

My grandsons would love a cape :)

panhandler said...

My son will love it, my daughter will fight him for it! LOL! So cute!!!! What a great cape!!!!

Beth said...

SO Cute!!..My boys will fight over who would get to wear it...

Andria said...

I love it and have 2 boys who would wear it endlessly. Thanks.

Nichole said...

that is totally awesome! that would be a perfect gift for my nephew's 2nd birthday in july!

Jingle said...

OH, I just have to enter this because my cousins little boy would LOVE this cape! I would be the best second cousin EVER! LOL!

JillyBeanJar said...

Love the cape! What kid doesn't need to be Superman for a bit?

jillybean7681 at gmail dot com

ABCD Diaries said...

This is really awesome! Thanks for the chance:)
christinbanda(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Amelia said...

I just have a daughter (so far) but if I had a cape I might finally convince her to take the hoody towel off. That would be nice.

Stacey said...

Such a cute cape--I think my little guy would love running around in that! Thanks for the giveaway.

gallyslp at msn dot com

B. said...

Oh my, finally a giveaway for a little boy, this might be the only one that I have seen ever! I need this . . . . for a lovely 2 year old.

Liz Jimenez said...

Oh, so adorable! My twins are almost two, and would LOVE that!

Liz @ teeny tiny quilts

Erynn said...

My 3 year old would love this.

Meg said...

Oh I would love to have this. My daughter has many little boy pals and the dressing up box is seriously lacking in superhero attire. THank you!

debra lynn said...

Super cute! Great work!

britt said...

my boys will fight over it but i hope that i win.

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Cute pic! My daughter would totally rock this cape...haha Thanks for the giveaway :)
stephd@sewfierce.com

The Barb Chronicles said...

My little boy would be your #1 fan if he won this! What a cute idea! Thanks!

Barb

Meadow said...

Capes are a huge hit in our house. Love it.

The Cox Family said...

My little man would be so cute in that cape!

Autumn said...

Love the cape! Great job.

Emily Cole said...

My son would love one of these, he's always running around with a towel saying "I'm a Superheewo!!!

Mare said...

Aww, this is super adorable! My nephew would love this. :)

Linda said...

So cute! I know just the little boy I'd give this to. :)
Thanks for the giveaway!
Robin
cokelush at gmail

Kyra said...

My son would love this! Thanks for the chance to win!

Anonymous said...

My little boy would LOVE that cape! Good job!

aSprinkling said...

If I win this, I will definitely have to send it to a little boy I know...my best friend's kid...according to him, he's the REAL superman.

Tori said...

Oh, my nephew would love this!

Anonymous said...

My boys would love a superhero cape!!

Hippie Family... said...

I love that!! so cute!! I just got a lightweight box to start our dress up chest at home, this would be a perfect first addition! thanks for the giveaway!
Tricia

Bethany said...

I love the cape! What a wonderful giveaway!

Jessica said...

my son would love this! I hope I win it for him...

Casey said...

I have two boys who would love to fight over this cape! :)

Jennifer - notetojenn@hotmail.com said...

my niece needs this! i bought one for my nephew for christmas and my niece was so sad she didnt get one, too.

Mama Lusco said...

This is great! Thanks for the giveaway.

JaneM said...

i am so excited--i LOVE these!thanks

Jenny Grace said...

My son would LOVE that cape.

Courtney said...

What a great idea!

Holly said...

Too cute! Thanks for the chance to enter! =)

Stephanie said...

cute! my son totally needs one.
stephaniefredrickson at yahoo dot com

Gretchen R said...

Um, I have a 3 year old boy with his name written all over that! So cute!

Addy said...

Love it!

addyforrest(at)gmail(dot)com

Just Charming said...

I know a little boy that would love this! How cute!

Tam said...

Co0uld be dangerous, my son is enough of a daredevil already! but am sure he'd love it!!

melonkelli said...

My kids would love that cape!

Leigh said...

LOVE it! I'd have my 2 superheros wrestling over this one for sure!

nanann said...

What a great cape! Thanks for hosting this giveaway!

Carolyn said...

My son has a batman cape... it's only right for him to have options :)

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I love the cape. I know just who to give it to.

Sarah DeSalvo said...

Fun cape! I'd love to win!

Jennie said...

WANT!

Kelli said...

Wouldn't my little guy love this!

sewfunky said...

Please enter me in the draw and don't forget to enter mine:
http://sew-funky.blogspot.com/2009/05/sew-mama-sew-may-giveaway.html

kathytypestoo said...

my nephew would love that. thanks for your generosity!

momtoqts said...

Me..me...pick me! I have two boys that would love to fight over that cute cape.

langlangcreations said...

I have a little superman at home who is just waiting for his cape!

Jen said...

I would love to get and then save this cape for my new 4 month old baby boy! Great giveaway!

Jacquie said...

My boys would love this cape! What a fab giveaway!

lucy C said...

A friends son would absolutely love this. thanks for a great giveaway.
lucy(at)alittlebitofsugar(dot)com

The Shumate Family said...

how cute! my boys would LOVE these!

Sue said...

Very cute, thanks for offering this giveaway!

Ashley said...

What a cute model! My own little boy would adore this cape. Thanks!

Katie B said...

Oh, my little guy would LOVE this cape!

hanna said...

so cute, my little boy would love this

Katie said...

Wow, this is fantastic, my little nephew would love running around in it I just know it!

Heather drugchemist13@yahoo.com said...

My 3 yo would looove to wear this! It is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have a multitude of boys in my life that would love this!

jmoore3333(at)gmail(dot)com

twisted said...

That is so cute, I have a nephew that would love it.

Kelly O. said...

I know a little someone who would love this cape!

Jody said...

Oh, both of my boys would enjoy a cape. They play superheros all the time.

Amanda W said...

OOoh my little superman would love to win this cape!!

Kawaii for You said...

Love that cape! Sooo cute.
Christine xo

brodiefiles said...

perfect for my little boy!

peony paperie said...

My son would LOVE this. Ok, my daughter too!
michelleharrod at comcast dot net

Anonymous said...

my son would love that!
poohza.typepad.com
poohza@comcast.net

Unknown said...

My boy will be 2 next month! He would love it :) Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

This looks cute! Thanks for doing the giveaway!
Cassie Driver
cmdoduck(at)gmail(dot)com

Ammieloris said...

I am sure any little boy (or girl) would love this cape. Sweet!

Katy said...

I have have a little cousin that would adore this cape - count me in!

Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

I have two daughters but they still love being superheroes. Spiderman is their current favourite but they sure would look cute as little Supergirls.

em said...

I know the perfect little man who'd love for me to win that cape! Thanks for the opportunity.

Silka said...

This cape is lovely, I wish I had one for myself.


silkaphyllis@gmail.com

Unknown said...

How cute!! My son would love this!

Barbara said...

My 3 yr old nephew would love this cape (of course so would my husband - huge Superman fan!).

craftytammie said...

My kids would have a blast with this! Thanks for the chance to win!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a super hero to make you feel safe. Adorable.

Christy said...

what a cutie patootie little superman!! :) join my giveaway too!

djaj said...

What a great idea ! You're a genius !

Katie Jean said...

Oh Isaiah would love that! P.s. I love the nats shirt! Isaiah is obsessed with the nats!

MamaG said...

I love your giveaway!!! My kids would love it!! I might even have to get another one for my other boy!!

Lisa said...

My 'little guy' is not so little these days! He'll be 17 in just a few days. He would have loved this when he was younger! Still, I have a little nephew who would be just as SUPER, as his cousin!

hootie364@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Awww. that is so cute. My 2 year old would love it.

Stephanie R. said...

My sons would love the cape! Both of them are super boys!

affectioknit said...

So cute! What a great giveaway!

Doula Mommy said...

Awesome!

SewsCute said...

This is such a great idea. I love it. My son would love it. Please enter me.

Samantha said...

Aack! My 4 year old would love that!! So cute - awesome craftsmanship :) Thanks for the chance to win!

Erin said...

Oh my boys would absolutely love this! So very cute!

Jingle said...

I would love to win this for my cousin's son! He would look SO stinking adorable in it!!!

AltaModa said...

My son would love that! Thanks for doing this giveaway!

Maren said...

How cute! My son would go crazy for a cute superman cape!

Valerie said...

What a great cape (and an adorable model)!

Ali said...

my son would love this cape! and it would saveme from making one!

ilovebabyquilts said...

I'd love to win! So cute!

Barb said...

Love the cape! My son is wee bit young for it (just turned 1) but I know he would love it in the future! Thanks! And you have an adorable model!

Dee said...

oh he is soo cute..and so is the cape! my little boy would think he was so cool sporting this!

Our Family said...

What a cute cape!! Thanks for posting the tutorial link, too, my "Super Girl" has been asking for a cape, and I may just have to learn to sew one.
Thanks for the offer!

B said...

I know a little man who would love that. He'd look pretty cute in it too.

Super Fun Mama said...

So cute! I have a girl but she'd still like it.

Jodie said...

My son's name is Clark so obviously we love the Superman stuff over here! :) great giveaway! Thanks for the chance to win!

Jodie
jodcoz(at)yahoo(dot)com

Lara said...

Oh my gosh!! This would be cherished and loved to bits!!

JJ said...

Yeah, this would look so cute on my little guy!

jglitter said...

Adorable, my boys would love a cape!

shelia said...

i think my husband would look fabulous in that :)
count me in !!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

So cute!

Thanks for the chance to win.

=) melanie
http://melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com

Jen said...

I love these capes! Thanks for sharing where you found the tutorial.
maisiesmom at gmail

Aimee said...

We could really use a cape like that at our house. It looks great!!!

Jennifer said...

This is PERFECT for my 2 year old. He would absolutely love this cape!

Sarah said...

I have two boys and this would be AWESOME!
spondah(at)aol(dot)com

zees5 said...

That is a GREAT cape and would go perfectly with my son's Superman shirt!!! izazbz@yahoo.com

Ru said...

the cape is wonderful! my son would love having his own cape!

Tawnya said...

My little guy would absolutely LOVE this!!! How fun.

Laura said...

My little boy would love this!

KristenL said...

Very fun! My son would love this...and we are HUGE superman fans!

Lorene said...

Thanks for participating in the giveaway! My youngest so wants a cape.

Anonymous said...

My two year old grandson was superman last Halloween. He'd love to reinact and play! Thanks for participating in the May giveaway.

Donna

Cobb88@Charter.net

free indeed said...

I tried making capes for the grands in March...made them with ties which now scares me! Would love to win one with velcro, so much safer. That was a great tute and I will probably end up remaking their capes if I don't win...

Little Lady Cakes said...

This is awesome. We call our son Super baby b/c he was born 3 months early and you can't even tell now.

I would love to win this!!

Leigh said...

My husband is a huge comic book fan, and my daughter is following in his footsteps- She would LOVE this!

Anonymous said...

Aww, my little guy would LOVE this cape. He loves his hats and is always jealous of his sister with her "fancy shoes" so a cape would make his day.

Melody said...

aww that is so cute!! :)

Mindy said...

Oh, this is adorable! How cute is your little man? I am a preschool teacher to 3 year olds and this would be a great addition to our dress up box!

memorymaven@gmail(dot)com

babalisme said...

this is sooo perfect for my nephew!! He introduced himself as Clark Kent while his real name is BOB!!!

Steph said...

so lovely! I just ordered one of these for my nephew for his b'day and he loved it... i know of a few more little kiddos who would love one too:)

Nik said...

this cape is so fun!!

nforgue(at)gmail(dot)com

bubbachenille said...

I have a two year olg grandson who I'm sure would make good use of the cape !

Mel Cordell said...

I know a little boy who would absolutely LOVE this cape, and his birthday is coming soon too. It would be just perfect for him. I hope I win. :D

x Mel

Richelle said...

So cute! My little super hero will love this.

Tina said...

My boys would love this cape! And thanks for the finger pointing towards the tutorial as well!

KarenD said...

Oh, my son would LOVE this! Count me in.


krdickinson@grandecom.net

***Sharon*** said...

What kid doesn't like a cape? I made 20 of them for my daughter's 3rd birthday party (3.5 years ago). I'm caped out...but I know my two year old would LOVE ONE!!!

hcotten said...

I love the cape. I have a super girl that would love it.

Ali said...

My sons would fight over this, so if I win, I will have to make a matching one!

Anonymous said...

Great giveaway, thanks for the chance to win

Anonymous said...

Oh, how cute! Either of my daughters would love this.

MooBear Designs said...

My little boy had a dino cape but not a super hero cape... I feel so bad now!! We're having a give away too...YAY

xo Steph

NotYetTheDodo2 said...

That is the BEST superman cape ever!!!! Thank you for giving it away!

Anonymous said...

Awesome giveaway! I would like this for my brothers.

I am 8. I am learning how to sew. I have been doing some embroidery stitches. My 6 year old brother is learning some too. I hope to be on the machine before the end of summer. There are pictures of both of us sewing together and of our projects on my blog. Further down in previous posts, I also have pictures of my family, mom, dad, 15 month brother and other brother and sister. We homeschool.

I am having a giveaway as well at
www.sewingsister.blogspot.com

and so is my mom at www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

Kirsty said...

My son would love that cape, please count me in

tammi said...

Love the cape! My 4 year old nephew is totally into superheroes (looks like your superman is too!) and he would love that.

tirzahjoy said...

so much fun is a cape!
tirzahjoy@gmail.com

Sarah said...

My son would absolutely love this! Thanks for the great giveaway.

sbhazel@sbcglobal.net

Southerner said...

This would be great for my nephew.

Natalie Hawley said...

love the little superman. my son would love this.

Anonymous said...

What a great cape. It would make playing dress up fun.

Susan W said...

I love it - what a great idea! My little girl would love this for dress up :)

suserat at yahoo dot com

jabby7 said...

i can foresee my 2 boys fighting over who gets to be superman. abby

abi-gail7@hotmail.com

Cayce said...

adorable! my daughter has loads of dress up clothes but they never seem just right for her little brother. how perfect! thanks for participating in the give away!

-from someone who misses living in VA

Marsha McGuire said...

Oh my gosh, my little boys would love this, not to mention my preschool class.

bethany said...

that is really cute. I will have to look at the website. I have three sons and well what little boy doesn't like to play super hero. Thanks for doing that!!!
bethanyjoy79@hotmail.com

Stephanie said...

My 5 year old cousin is in love with all the super heroes and would loves to have his very own cape!

lesjoujou AT gmail DOT com

Eve said...

I saw that tutorial too and can't wait to try it (my little guy is only 1)

sarah said...

awesome.

pinecone304 said...

Beautiful work. I will check out that tutorial. My son would love to have one.

Joy said...

Wow...great job! Thanks for the giveaway!

PrincessMax said...

Goodness! I have some best-friendews that would love this.

Thank you for offering it!

Ruth said...

What a great idea! What little boy doesn't want to be a super hero?!

Rachel Locke said...

My son would die for this cape!!!!

Camille D. Wilson said...

too, too cute!
camille
camilledawnphoto@gmail.com

Elaine Cox said...

I have a little super guy who would love this. Thanks for participating!

Louisa said...

oh, i know just the superhero who would love the cape!

Shrinkie said...

this is awesome - my lkittle guy is well into capes at the moment!

Maggie said...

such an awesome giveaway!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the chance to win

alittleteacher@gmail.com

Breanna S. said...

My little girl would love a super hero cape.

Super Fun Mama said...

We don't have a cape and I know my daughter would love one!

Heather Hutchinson said...

Thank you for sharing your blog with us and this giveaway. The cape is soooo cute. My son would love it. Good luck to everyone. Have a great day
Heather
russoheather@yahoo.com

Deb Cameron said...

Go Superman! I can just see my little man attempting heroic actions (ie terrifying his mother) in this cape!

Margaret said...

What a cute cape. My grandson would love it!

VickiT said...

Oh my gosh! That is the most adorable model you have wearing that cape. Oh wait! We don't get to win him now do we? LOL I'd love to have someone to pick me some of those pretty flowers he picked you but only for a short visit. Grandma's can't handle long term little ones you know. LOL

That cape is adorable though seriously. I'd LOVE to win that for my own grandchild. Great job on that.

La Yen said...

So cute! I know a supergirl who wishes she was a Superman!

Adriana said...

So cute!

Camille said...

the cape is fantastic - great job!
camille

The Fair Weather Optimist said...

I have a little super-girl that would love that cape! What a great giveaway!
xoxoxo Jaime

Rachelle @ Aud and Crafts said...

This cape giveaway is wonderful!

Unknown said...

Oh my, my daughter loves capes (thank you Wonder Pets)!

shannon said...

Great for my two super kids

Ilona said...

I'd love one of those for my 4-yo or 3-yo, they'd love it!

Nancy said...

Although it will likely be too small for my grandson, who just turned three last week and is already 3'4", but I'd like to win it anyway because it is so cute.

Beth Walker / Evan Walker said...

Here he comes to save the day! I have someone special in mind for this!

Jessica Christensen said...

So cute. I have several little guys around here who would love it!

jessierey@msn.com

Annwen said...

I know just the little darling that would love one of these!

Tracey said...

That cape is so cute. I love it.

traceypa@yahoo.com

DBuckelew said...

Oh my - he's adorable! Thanks for the chance to win the cape - it's adorable too!

Jen B said...

What a cute cape!

Capital Mom said...

Love this. I think every kid needs a cape.

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 205   Newer› Newest»

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails