Happy New Year everyone.
I have a whole month of posts planned, the wrap-up of my handmade holidays venture. However, before I get to that, I am going to share some new year's goals with you.
1. I want to finish up a few unfinished projects.
These include putting some printed photographs in real albums - the last of the printed photos I plan to have...digital pictures are so much easier to keep organized!
I have two pieces of furniture waiting for me to finish them. One is a rocking chair I gave to my son for his 1 year birthday. They love it unfinished, but the whole plan was to finish it and put it in his big boy room. I am not behind on this (yet).
The other piece of furniture is a bench given to me by my sister. Last summer I took off all the stain. I just need to give it one more nice sanding and paint it.
2. I want to finish decorating my dining room and bedroom.
3. I want to attempt sewing clothing again.
4. I want to make Corinne a few summer dresses. I made two last year. I can do better, they are so easy!
5. I want to make myself a quilt. I've got the pattern. I need to do a few items above before I give myself the pleasure of a quilt for myself.
I have 12 months...I think I can do it all. :)
Happy new year.
2 comments:
I want to attempt sewing clothing as well this year. I have the patterns and the dream, now I just need the courage to dive in!
Good for you and some solid goals for projects. An inspiration you are. For clothing, pick a pattern similar to the type clothing you know you can wear. Pick good fabrics that hang well meant for that particular article of clothing. I'm confident you can make something you love to wear this year! Happy sewing and painting and staining!
Post a Comment