

I found some chalkboard cloth from a local independent sewing store. It was so wide, I had enough to make these 4, and I think 2 more. Instead of binding them (I need to improve my binding skills), I cut the back larget than the front and "self-binded" them with the fabric from the back.
I added iron-on vinyl to the backside fabric before sewing the pieces together. I wanted them to be completely wipe-able, so they could be taken into restaurants, get a little dirty while you wait for your food, and then be completely wiped down clean with a baby wipe.
They have been successful in my house so far. I made 1 for each of my kids, 1 for my nephew, and one for my niece.

I used the cutest fabric for the boys'. It's got a small town on it, named "Smallville", roads, buildings, etc. I thought this would be nice for the boys as they could take in their small cars and "ride" the road while we wait.
2 comments:
I love the Chalkboard Placemats. I would love to make my neice and nephews these.
My mother-in-law is looking for fabric like this. Can you tell me where you got it?
Post a Comment