Thursday, October 9, 2008

A new cape!

No, I have not finished my quilt yet. I finished the stitch in the ditch quilting, now I have to move on to the free hand part...But, since the quilt is already late, I had to stop for a night and move on to fulfill an obligation. Way back in February, I made a Superman cape for a little boy for a birthday present (pre-blog days, so I don't have a picture). The mother liked it so much, she asked me in March to make a Batman cape for Halloween. So, it's been on my to do list since then!

This is the third cape I have made using this tutorial from Puking Pastilles. It's a great tutorial, a great gift, and such an easy thing to make and personalize!


This is a picture of the cape on my son, so it's long on him, but since the real owner is 4, it will be a great length!

Even the applique was easy!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, that is an awesome cape. You did a great job! Nathan looks so cute in it, you should make him one too. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the way the cape turned out. Yes, Nathan should have one also. And those flower are the other blog are so beautiful.
Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails