These aren't the best of pictures, but sometimes you take the shot when you get the chance.
The dress is actually a halter top. She is wearing her bathing suit underneath, hence the white criss cross straps. (Yes, in the background, that's Nathan, he's turning up the radio!)
Now that the music is louder, we could all dance :)
I was so happy with the way this dress turned out. I still love it, and it's been warn several, several times this summer so far. It was also very easy to put together. I was surprised by how quickly it came together.
This was also the first time I used Amy Butler fabric. I was inspired by this one - Coriander. I am itching to get some more, especially from her new line. I purchased two others with the intent of making myself a new dress...they are still waiting for me ;)
This was the first time I tried a blind hem. I learned a lot from that experience, and have since done more on clothing I have bought and made. I like the blind hem a lot, although it does take some patience to keep it "blind".
The very best part about this dress - when people tell Corinne they like her dress, she smiles a big smile and says proudly "My mommy made it!".
2 comments:
Oh Kathy,
That is a lovely dress. I love the material.
Love,
Mom
What a sweet dress - a halter style always looks so cool in summer.
Post a Comment