View A and View E.
OK, so, yes - looking at it now it sort of looks like a 70's maternity shirt. I thought, though, that View A looked rather "hip" with the belt. The status of this? It's in progress. I thought I'd finish the shirt tonight and if it had not been for me messing up the bottonhole placement (this was my first time doing a "real buttonhole that needed to be in the RIGHT place), it would have been done. Instead, it's done all but the buttons. I say it's "done" but it's not complete. I believe it need some darts/pleats in the back to make it fit more flattering. I am going to seek the advice of my sewing mentors (mom/Steph) and see how it can be remedied before I post a picture.
Bottom 2: Simplicity New Look 6811, View B
Yes, this might look too easy - but after my mistake with the shirt and the time it took to get THIS far, I want something really easy on my plate. I think this skirt is litterally 3 pieces of fabric...Is that cheating? :)
Top 2: Simplicity 2892 View B
I DID start this challenge with a different approach rather than the skirt. I really wanted to make McCalls 5633, View A.
Since I had never made pants other than the Snoopy pajama pants, I made a muslin of View A before cutting into my fabric. Turns out, I was WAY off on sizing. The muslin pulled over my hips, but I am sure if I added the zipper and tried to sit or walk, the seams would have ripped right out. The pattern I had didn't go up to the proper size. Hence, the skirt is in the offical plan.
The item I am most nervous about: those capris! Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment