Sunday, February 15, 2009

Squares

It’s been a while hasn’t it?   I’ve been busy with life, work, and that always leaves little time for crafting.  I got some time in recently, though, and did some more work on Nathan’s quilt.  I am feeling a bit of pressure with timing on finishing this.  He’s over 2, still in his crib, and about to go into a big boy bed.  I have GOT to get this finished!  I am hoping I finish this before the bed is in his room.  We still haven’t bought the bed, so I think I still have some time.

 

IMG_0016

 

This is going to be the front.  It’s going to be reversible.  Remember this post?  I decided to go with adding the extra gingham.  I was very happy with it, but something was still missing.  I felt I was copping out of doing a real quilt.  And, I had made all those squares of strips!  Well, after lots of market research (aka viewing all kinds of other’s peoples quilts on flickr and other blogs), I came up with a layout and design idea.  I wanted to have some feeling of lots of fabrics, yet, also showcase some of the really cute fabrics that I purchased for this item.  I am going to use a white sashing between each square. 

I am hoping to make some progress on attaching all the pieces together this week.  We’ll see.  It’s a very busy week. 

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, I love it! Great job Kathy. I think the white sashing (or even linen) will look wonderful.

Katie Jean said...

It's looking great! I agree with Stephanie on the linen. I think that would be awesome!

Anonymous said...

Those squares are really neat and interesting and it sounds like it's going to turn out nice with the white sashing and all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails