My first quilting bee block! Katie wanted a block that was based off of Denise Schmidt’s Project Improv. OK, I took the challenge, did some flickring around for inspiration and I came up with this.
I hope she likes it. I really wanted to try a diamond within a square, and I am happy with the way it turned out...I really like that it's off center. I was a little challenged in doing this because I normally lean towards for a balance with the colors and patterns.
I was surprised at the time it took, so I am really glad that I only had to do one! I also used just about every scrap that Katie gave me, and added 3 other fabrics of my own…I can’t help but wonder if her strategy was for us to really work with the scraps to get more of an improv look??!!!
Katie, I will have it in the mail to you this week. I really hope you like it!
2 comments:
Oh man, I really like that one! Yours is definitely one of my favs of Katie's blocks :)
I love it so much!! (sorry I'm a little late with the comment, haha).
Post a Comment