Monday, September 1, 2008

McCall's 5369


I made a special dress for a certain someone who had a birthday party recently. It took me almost every night for one week straight, but it got done in time for the party, which was my goal.

I loved how it came out.

I realized, though, at the cutting stage of this dress, that I am not good at critiquing the patterns I choose to sew. I need to improve here. Had I realized that each ruffle would need to be hemmed, and then sewn on, I am not sure I would have chosen this pattern. It took a lot of time.

In the end, it was worth it. She loved the dress. She wore it with no problems, and I was ready to hear the "I don't want to wear that" argument. Nope, it was her party dress, and she knew it, and she loved it!

She posed so great, too, for my pictures! Wow, it's amazing that she has become such a sweet little person.

I had to add two buttons to the bag, rather than the one it called for. The dress, size 4, was WIDE at the top. The two buttons I added enabled the bodice of the dress to fit better. I think it came out looking just fine.

This dress, size 4 came out a little short on her, so she wore some small shorts underneath. If I did it again (which I won't - nope, this was a lot of time), I'd add one more ruffle for length. I ran out of fabric for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so charming and happy! I came across it through Sandi's website. Really sweet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails